warning

You are viewing an archived MuleSoft forum and the content you see here may be outdated. Please ask your question in our new forum for a quick response from our community

Take me to the new forum

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Home » MuleSoft Forum Archive » MuleForge » Tools Projects

Thread: Mule Studio as Eclipse plugin

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Reply to this Thread Reply to this Thread Search Forum Search Forum Back to Thread List Back to Thread List

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Feb 2, 2012 1:07 AM Last Post By: hdohlmann
hdohlmann

Mule Studio as Eclipse plugin
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 3:55 AM

thread.click_reply Reply
Hi.
Have played with the newly released Mule Studio 5 CE, which is very nice.
Then tried the Mule IDE in combination with Maven, which is not as nice.

It seems that development of Mule IDE has slowed down considerably, perhaps in favor of Mule Studio?

What I would very much like, is to be able to install Mule Studio stuff as an Eclipse feature in my current Eclipse, preferably with full support for Maven.
Is there a site somewhere with the Mule Studio stuff published in such a way?

What is the intention with the Mule IDE now that Mule Studio is out?
hdohlmann

Re: Mule Studio as Eclipse plugin
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 4:37 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: hdohlmann

thread.click_reply Reply
Somebody already requested Mule Studio as an eclipse plugin:
http://www.mulesoft.org/jira/browse/STUDIO-956
dirk

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 7:54 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: hdohlmann
Helpful
   thread.click_reply Reply
Henrik Dohlmann wrote:
It seems that development of Mule IDE has slowed down considerably, perhaps in favor of Mule Studio

That's right. I stopped development of Mule IDE shortly after Mule Studio began to gain development speed.

What I would very much like, is to be able to install Mule Studio stuff as an Eclipse feature in my current Eclipse, preferably with full support for Maven.

Ask MuleSoft's product management. This "is on the roadmap" but I cannot comment how important it is.

-dirk
hdohlmann

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 2:08 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: dirk

thread.click_reply Reply
Thank you very much for the reply.
So, I can assume that Mule IDE is now a dead-end...

I there any plans for hints or tutorials about developing with Maven using Studio?
Until product management decides to convert Studio to an Eclipse feature, this could be a way forward for us.

Or, do you have any better suggestions? What would be the best way forward for a development environment using maven and hudson/jenkins for build automation?
dirk

Posted: Jan 31, 2012 2:24 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: hdohlmann
Helpful
   thread.click_reply Reply
Henrik Dohlmann wrote:
I there any plans for hints or tutorials about developing with Maven using Studio?

AFAIK Studio and Maven don't play together. Make sure that MuleSoft product management learns that this is a requirement for you to ensure this feature gets priorized properly ....

-dirk
hdohlmann

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 1:07 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: dirk

thread.click_reply Reply
Thanks.
I used "Contact" on the mulesoft site and adressed the requests to product management :-)
Legend
Helpful Answer
Correct Answer